[OM] Re: Olympus not making lenses anymore?

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus not making lenses anymore?
From: Garth <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 17:01:25 -0600
Robert Swier wrote:
> B&H is out of stock on the 14-54, the 50, and the 11-22. And as far as
> I can tell, it's been that way for a long time. Did Olympus stop lens
> production? I'd appreciate any insight that people might be able to
> offer. I can't think of a reason why three popular lenses would be out
> of stock for so long.

Robert:

The Camera Store here in Calgary (yes, it's really called that, and it's
  one of the pro shops in town) got a delivery of five 14-54s in
mid-June, at which time I was called up as one of the people on a
waiting list.  I bought it the next day.  I placed an order for it at
the end of March, when the store had no stock available.

For what it's worth, the lens arrived with the latest firmware update,
so I assume it was manufactured within the last few months (I could be
wrong, of course...).

I have no idea what's going on with B&H.  Perhaps you should give your
local Henry's a ring and find out if they have any in stock -- or,
failing that, call up the folks here at The Camera Store and see how
their stock's doing.  You can find the contact info on their website
(http://www.thecamerastore.com/).

Hope this helps.

Garth

P.S.:  Calgary's two hours behind Toronto.  (Just in case you didn't
know...)