[OM] Re: Not the camera...

Subject: [OM] Re: Not the camera...
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 10:48:09 -0500
 but all in a Yashika
>> Electro35.
>> The camera sure didn't shoot the photos for him!
>

> Fond memories. My first "real" camera, bought at the PX at Ft. Devens, MA,
> in 1968. When I got to Vietnam later that year, I bought a Yashica TLR,
> and
> then quickly dumped both Yashicas for a Nikon F once I found a retailer in
> Hong Kong. Ah, camera snobbery . . .

Actually, I remember the Electro35, although not owning one, they were
popular around here. Always seemed to produce good results. It's interesting
to look back at the results that a lot of these simple cameras produced.
Often, better than all but the most recent zooms on slr's.

But, how did you escape returning from Vietnam without a Minolta SRT?

Bill Pearce