[OM] Re: Not the camera...

Subject: [OM] Re: Not the camera...
From: "Bob Whitmire" <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 14:55:39 -0400
>> But, how did you escape returning from Vietnam without a Minolta SRT?<<

Some of my friends went down the Minolta path. I recall thinking seriously
about a Miranda Sensorex. That was Minolta, wasn't it? I'd always heard that
Nikon and Leica were what the pros used, and I fancied someday I'd be a pro,
so I went with Nikon. Bought a 28mm lens, a 105mm, and a 48-70 Zoom? Geez,
that was a _long_ time ago. <g> That zoom was a real piece of work. Maybe it
was 35-70, and f/4.8. The 105 was and actually still is my favorite lens
ever, even though I've not owned one for the better part of 25 years.

--Bob