[OM] Re: Proper use of a handheld incident meter in the digital world

Subject: [OM] Re: Proper use of a handheld incident meter in the digital world
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 17:02:06 -0700
None of the digital manufacturers use 18 percent gray as the
standard. They use 12 percent. If you take a picture of an evenly
toned subject, like the side of your local supermarket using a
noncompensating metering mode all the values will be below the center
of the histogram.

Here are two good articles:

http://www.bythom.com/graycards.htm
http://www.bythom.com/histogram.htm