[OM] Re: What's up with the OM list? It's gone strange and insular.

Subject: [OM] Re: What's up with the OM list? It's gone strange and insular.
From: "Christos Stavrou" <christos.stavrou@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 02:32:16 +0100
There is no doubt that the humanity imagines a civilised and
democratic society as one where citizens do not carry guns..
After all, this is one of our greatest achievements (in western
societies), to have historically managed to pacify our public space,
just during the last couple of centuries, and to have create state
institutions which monopolise violence when necessary.

There is also no doubt that the whole issue is dangerous and
shocking... By the way, any achievement of humanity can easily be
reversed and we need to safeguard the traces of our progress.

I think all these nonsense about guns better get back to where it came
from... I understand that all this is a very serious social problem of
one particular country, but it's not welcomed from the rest of us,
especially when appears as flippant and arrogant as it gets so far. I
hope that I express the views of the majority here.

Christos Stavrou