[OM] Re: OT Planning a weekend trip to Rome

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Planning a weekend trip to Rome
From: "Mark Marr-Lyon" <mark.marrlyon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2006 08:18:50 -0600
My only advice is to make sure that nothing big is happening in Rome
when you want to go.  Our visit to Rome just happened to coincide with
the canonization of Josemaria Escriva in October 2002 which had
brought in a few hundred thousand extra people.  After several hours
of wandering around looking for a place to stay, watching the hotel
finders from the train station get into fights over us, and listening
to colorful characters shouting to nobody in particular, we gave up
and took a train to Milan.

Mark