[OM] Re: Unexpected photo opportunity - bugs

Subject: [OM] Re: Unexpected photo opportunity - bugs
From: Bernard Frangoulis <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 08:53:12 +0200
> > if I am understanding this right, if I use my 45-150 evolt kit lens,
>> and a 100mm tube, I could photograph the fractal -like patterns on
>> flower petals? microscopic kind of photography?
>
>You've got the right idea but as far as I know Olympus doesn't make a
>tube longer than 25mm which is made for the 50mm macro to get to 1:1.

Yes, 25mm extension is a bit short for the 40-150mm (or the 50-200mm for that
matter).

Another possibility (as already mentioned) is to use a close-up lens (possibly
in addition to the 50mm tube). I will try this someday with my 40-150mm. The 5T
and 6T Nikon lenses are good, and can be found on *bay for not too much money
(I got them last year from seller urgalaxy in Hong Kong for about $50 each),
but for the 40-150mm you would also need a 58-62mm adapter tube.

I have obtained good results with the OM 135mm f/2.8 manual lens with different
combinations of Vivitar (20 and 12 mm) and Olympus (7mm) extension tubes on the
Olympus E-1 (see
http://www.tope.nl/tope_show_entry.php?event=24&pic=39&header_font_to_use=jeopardi).

Bernard