[OM] Re: Panoramics, the Shift-lens way - from shoot to edit, procedural

Subject: [OM] Re: Panoramics, the Shift-lens way - from shoot to edit, procedural notes
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 15:27:18 -0700
Hmmm ... I can sort of understand how the non-linear response of film could
give more shadow detail when there is some flare dumping a little bit of
light into the dark areas. I can't understand why a sensor having a linear
response to light would similarly benefit.

It seems that the flare would just overwhelm the desired signal with
"noise". When printing the image, wouldn't curves allow the dark areas to be
printed with detail?

-jeff

----Original Message Follows----
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>

This
picture was taken directly into the sun in a high-contrast
scene.  The E-1's dynamic range captured the entire range
without clipping either end!!!!  Smokin!  Older Zuikos DO have
their advantages when it comes to high-contrast scenes as the
reduced contrast helps keep the shadows from blocking up on you.

AG