[OM] OM 2s - just needs a battery?

Subject: [OM] OM 2s - just needs a battery?
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 13:22:30 -0400
Hey!  An on topic post!  In fact, we may want to consider using "OT"
as a subject prefix for such.

I'm looking at buying a OM 2s that has a "problem" described thusly:

"The problem is that the shutter only works on the bulb or flash synch
settings. On all other shutter settings, the mirror flips up, but the
curtain doesn't move, and the mirror stays up. You move it back to the
flash settings, and the mirror comes down and everything works again."

I'm thinking this is symptomatic of a dead battery.  True/False?

Am I missing something or should I just buy it?

TIA!/ScottGee1