[OM] Re: Autofocus 35-70/4 $120 BIN 300016506148

Subject: [OM] Re: Autofocus 35-70/4 $120 BIN 300016506148
From: keith_w <keith_w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 16:04:17 -0700
Mostly wrote:
> Actually, there IS another rarity about this lens.
>
> The length of time it takes the lens to actually (incorrectly) lock on focus
> is rare & astounding.  Quite often, your film's expiration date will pass
> while waiting on it.
>
> An item for a collector, but don't plan on actually using it. :)
>
> Dave

Heh, heh, heh...
I figure you posted this to slow things down while you scraped together enough
money to BIN it!
No, seriously, I considered it myself.
I have a couple of zoom lenses for another of my manual cameras, and while I
love my 28-70's and 35-70 and 35-80, which one do I recall using much?

My bulkier 28-70 f/4.0 battles with my lightweight 35-70 f/4.0-5.6.
If I'm planning a more leisurely trip, the 28-70 goes along.
If I'm walking around a lot and doing a number of snap shots, my light small
35-70, and hope the sun stays out!  <g>

Most times the lesser capability but lighter weight wins.

Think of that when you look at that motorized clump on eBay...
But, that's just me.

keith whaley