[OM] Re: E-1 craving

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 craving
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 21:04:40 -0700
I was wondering how others would respond.

YMMV ... I wouldn't buy a 5D for the viewfinder. My vague impression is that
with a zuiko 35-80/2.8, the 5D isn't significantly easier to focus than an
E-1. An OM is definitely easier. I suspect with a katzeyeoptics screen in
the E-1, it would come out ahead of the 5D. The 5D manual focus seems to be
affected by slower lenses more than the E-1.

-jeff

----Original Message Follows----
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>

No, regardless of the size of the viewfinder and a whopping big mirror
you can't have a really bloody bright viewfinder with an f/4 lens.

Chuck Norcutt