[OM] Re: E-1 craving

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 craving
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 09:01:36 -0500
> My point was that it's hard to find a normal 6x6 lens (90mm) that's
> faster than f/4.
the 80mm for the Hasselblad 500 series is f2.8, and there are several f2
lenses for the 2000 series. The image in the VF is not brilliant, but is
quite acceptable. There is a noticable difference between the 80 and the
other common lenses that are f4. The only time there is any usability
problems is in low light.

The amazing thing to me is the usability of my 250, which is f5.6.

The whole business of speed is regulated to a large degree by the shutter.
That's why the lenses for the focal plane 'blads are generally a stop
faster.

Bill Pearce