[OM] Re: 1gb Simpletech CF card deal

Subject: [OM] Re: 1gb Simpletech CF card deal
From: "Ian Nichols" <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 22:24:08 +0100
On 11/08/06, Candace Lemarr <CandaceRocks@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> also, how's the E-500 lcd screen? I find that my images
> look correctly exposed on the E-300, but once on the computer, they are
> under exposed and I always have to adjust levels. So, I tried today at the
> park to use the E-300 and make the images look over-exposed on the LCD
> screen. I am uploading them now, so I'll see. It's so confusing to
> me...Also, today on the playback I had the histogram showing, and I tried to
> go by that and not how the picture looked. Who knows.....??

Welcome to the list, ex-lurker.

You may need to adjust, or preferably calibrate, your computer's
graphics card & monitor.  I used to think my e-300 pics were a little
under exposed, and a little cold.  Then I treated myself to a Pantone
Huey, and things look much better.  Every digital camera user should
have one, or something like it.  If you don't fancy spending the money
(which is less than we used to pay for 1GB of Compact Flash memory not
too long ago), I'd suggest messing around with your monitor settings
first, so your pictures look the same on the PC screen as they do on
the camera screen.

hth

Ian