[OM] Re: Candace

Subject: [OM] Re: Candace
From: "Candace Lemarr" <CandaceRocks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 16:47:49 -0600

> For Candace:  You will occasionally see reference to a "fang" on this
> list.  A "fang" is an exceptionally good price deal on some piece of
> equipment.  It is named after Doris Fang, one of our now long lost
> female members who used to prowl the yard sales in her neighborhood and
> had the most uncanny ability to find not only OM gear but exceptionally
> low priced OM gear.  Think you can be the substitute?

Chuck,

WOW...those sound like really big shoes to fill. I'm thinking the answer is
no. However...I will probably give you lots to laugh at and bore you with
pictures of my 3 and 1/2  year old twins. ;-))

Seriously, I am no where near the level you all are at. My dive into the
world of photography came after digital cameras, so when ya'll (no I'm not a
Southerner, I just type like I talk) start talking 35mm and all the classic
OM stuff...I'm lost, lost, lost.

I suppose I should tell you a little bit about what's happening now. I began
with the E-300, have had it for 13 months now. I love it, but it's all I
have known up until about 2 weeks or so ago when I purchased the E-330. My
300 was behaving very badly, and had to be sent off twice for repairs...in
the meantime I had no camera...and had some people asking for me to take
pictures. So, my husband told me to get the 330. God bless him ;-)) Anyhow,
I got the 300 mainly to take pics of my twins, I  was tired of missing the
moment and not getting enough reach wwith my little p&s. I took that camera
everywhere, still do, and slowly people I know began seeing my pictures and
asking for me to do their kid's portraits or candids. Sheesh!! I didn't and
still don't have a clue.  But I think I was too dumb to know what I didn't
know, so I began doing pictures for some friends. Now, it's progressed a bit
further, and I find I have people calling me that I don't know...it's sorta
scary. I will be doing senior portraits tomorrow (more like candids, I
believe, but then, what do I know?) and another set next week, and a
pregnancy session at the end of the month. It's that age old thing...don't
look for it and it will come to you. And, that's about my photography
experience in a nutshell.

Thank you for welcoming me in, I will be grateful for any nuggets of wisdom
ya'll :-) throw my way.

Oh, and BTW, that picture last week of the baby in blue on the cabin
porch??? SO beyond fabulous...I love nothing more than seeing a beautiful
shot of a beautiful child.

Candace