[OM] Winder questions

Subject: [OM] Winder questions
From: Dean Hansen <hanse112@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 18:25:26 -0500
Jay recently posted:
"I was doing some macro work with a winder 2 and a T28 that had the
control head
off camera via a TTL and T20 connector.  I had a flash mis-fire or two
due to
the TTL cable not being fully seated in the camera.  A number of shots
later as
I was shooting, no flash again."

   I had a similar problem with my OM4T.  Turns out that the flash cord
socket on the camera was slightly loose.  I thought nothing of it, but
the constant jiggling of inserting and removing the flash cord had
broken the solder on the wiring at the base of the socket inside the
camera body.  John at CamTech (thanks again, John!) fixed the problem,
but it wasn't a do it yourself project.  Check to see if that socket is
at all loose--it could be the problem.  Be sure to keep the small
retaining ring tight on that socket (it needs a special little tool, it
looks like, to do the job properly;  a needle nosed pliers could work in
a pinch).
Dean