[OM] Re: Candace

Subject: [OM] Re: Candace
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 21:36:29 -0400
Here's one way to start getting unlost.  Check out the eSIF, the
electronic Sales Information File.
<http://olympus.dementia.org/eSIF/om-sif.htm>
A labor of love by list member Hans van Veluwen.  Maintained on-line
these days by list member Mark Dapoz but also available on CD from Hans
if you'd like speedier lookup.  This will tell you all about it.
<http://olympus.dementia.org/eSIF/om-sif/about.htm>

Now when Jays starts OM talking you can look things up like:
"I was doing some macro work with a winder 2 [winder, motor drive group]
<http://olympus.dementia.org/eSIF/om-sif/motordrivegroup/winder_2.htm>
and a T28 [hmmm, Tnn means a flash unit in OM speak and macro, mentioned
earlier, can mean a rather specialized flash]
<http://olympus.dementia.org/eSIF/om-sif/flashphotogroup/t28.htm>
that had the control head off camera via a TTL and T20 connector.
[TTL means "Through The Lens" exposure control and, in this case, the
camera controlling the flash when it detects enough light.  Pretty
amazing stuff in the early 70's when it appeared in OM's]  [Presumably,
Jay meant a TTL cable for connecting the camera to off-camera flash
<http://olympus.dementia.org/eSIF/om-sif/flashphotogroup/ttl_auto_cords_t.htm>
and the T20 [a flash as you might guess]
<http://olympus.dementia.org/eSIF/om-sif/flashphotogroup/t20.htm>
[is the least expensive OM TTL flash unit and didn't have an built-in
external connector.  Therfore to hook it up you needed the T20 connector
<http://olympus.dementia.org/eSIF/om-sif/flashphotogroup/ttl_auto_connector_t20.htm>
I had a flash mis-fire or two  due to the TTL cable not being fully
seated in the camera.  A number of shots later as I was shooting, no
flash again."

How's that for some sudden OM immersion.  Remember the eSIF.  Everything
is there.  I think.

Chuck Norcutt