[OM] Re: [OT] Flying with digital cameras

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Flying with digital cameras
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 17:53:30 +0100
You should try travelling with military air transport.  The military
police feel it necessary to check their own kind (although some Army
types are particularly indiscriminate about what sort of explosive
cans they put in unpressurised aircraft holds; they keep people
waiting in direct sun for hours, they Movements people get you to
check in 90 mins early and make you sit without refreshment in
unsuitable rooms ... it goes on!

And once, the captain of a VC10 tried to get me to stash my OM bag in
the hold while we were waiting to leave McCarron airport at Las
Vegas.  I won that particular fight, to my great satisfaction and to
the near-worship of my fellow travellers ... :-)

Chris
~~ >-)-
C M I Barker
Cambridgeshire, Great Britain.