[OM] Re: [OT] Flying with digital cameras

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Flying with digital cameras
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 10:14:25 -0700
Right on.

And of course there is the turn off all electronic devices dictum
when only a few of them transmit. Of course it would be a pain to
have a steward sort through all that and I am happy to turn off my
iPod so that a rogue cell phone user can be caught before he brings
causes the airplane to crash and burn. But the recent discussions of
putting a telephone cell in airliners to generate cash flow also
makes you question the verity of what we are routinely told.
Apparently all those dangerous cell phone signals are absorbed by the
cell receiver/transmitter.  The discussions took the form of how many
passengers would be enraged by having to listen to loud, ego
inflating cell phone conversations and attacking their fellow
passengers on a flight rather than electronic safety.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA