[OM] Re: E-300 was Candace

Subject: [OM] Re: E-300 was Candace
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 15:25:18 +0000
This somehow got me thinking, which probably explains why my ears are getting
warm.

Except for the initial formatting in the camera of a brand-new CF card, I have
never reformatted any of my five cards, all SanDisks of various sizes and
X-numbers. My computer has a drive with all sorts of card slots, most of which
I don't even know what they are for, like "SD/mini MMC/RS" or "MS/Pro/Duo," and
such like that. I do know enough to put my wife's Stylus card in the "xD" hole
and my E-1 and E-330 stuff in the CF/MD slot. When moving the pix  off the
cards, I simply use Windows Explorer and drag 'n drop the files wherever I want
them to go, then put the card back in the camera and do the "delete all" thing.

Is there a reason to ever reformat the cards? I've never had a problem with
one, but my mother used to tell me that an ounce of prevention is worth two in
the bush. Or something like that.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from