[OM] Re: E-300 was Candace

Subject: [OM] Re: E-300 was Candace
From: "Candace Lemarr" <CandaceRocks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 15:09:02 -0600

>>  But, having done software development (and especially testing) for more
>> years than I care
>> to remember, I always opt for the simplest operation over the complex
>> one if I have a choice.
>>
>> It could even be that Oly implements "delete all" as a format operation
>> but given my 'druthers I'll choose format.  Unless "delete all" is
>> implemented as a format the format operation may well be faster.

I had no idea that formatting was a better option. I only mentioned it
because it was noted with several asterisk at the bottom of the return
shipping *letter* from Oly, saying "be sure to format memory card". So, then
I formatted all of my cards, again., but I was under the impression that I
could still just delete the files via either windows or the editing program
I was using. I also was under the impression that the cards needn't be
formatted all the time, just once in a while. Now, I will just leave the
files on the cards after I copy them to the computer, and format in the
camera.
Thanx for the info, everyone!
Candace