[OM] Re: E-300 was Candace

Subject: [OM] Re: E-300 was Candace
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 17:47:46 -0400
I agree with you 200 percent.  It never occured to me to issue a warning
about not formatting your card (of whatever type) in the computer
because I would never consider such a thing for even a millisecond...
even for a CF card.

As I said, when it comes to software I always choose the simplest path.
  My camera knows how to format CF cards and some basic read and write
operations.  Compared to what my computer knows how to do the camera is
pretty dumbed down.  However, I'll trust the camera with its simplified
and specialized operations to get it right where the computer might not.
  The computer is much more complex and not properly specialized.

The only exception to this general rule is Candace's camera which
appears to lose its mind periodically.  Well, come to think of it so
does my computer.

Chuck Norcutt