[OM] Re: It's the Wide Angles

Subject: [OM] Re: It's the Wide Angles
From: Rob Harrison <robhar@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 20:59:09 -0700
On 8/13/06 6:41 PM, "Moose" <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Huh? Lots of things under 21 mm eq. What about the Nikon 12-24mm f/4G
> ED-IF AF-S DX? It has a good rep. I know Tom Scales loves it. The
> calculator in my head says 1.5 x 12 = 18 mm FF eq.
>
> And the Canon 10-22 is 16 mm eq. Then there's the Sigma 10-20 and the
> Tamron 11-18 and Tokina 12-24.

I'll be darned. I stand corrected! I didn't scroll far enough down the page
to see the DX versions of the Nikon lenses, and the Canon...well, maybe I
should be surfing with reading glasses.... I really should rent one of each
from Glazers and give them a serious try-out.

The 5D is actually the most likely candidate other than the E-series, just
for the reason Moose suggested--I can still use my Zuikos at their normal
focal length. Plus that jellyfish photo....that's a stunner. (So to speak.)

The motorcycles are already on the block by the way... Had a little random
mechanical failure that resulted in a broken rib and shaken confidence.
Decided I need either a new Beemer or to race CB160s... My son and I went to
the track today to watch. First time for him. OM photos to be posted
later....

Rob in Seattle