[OM] Re: Tripod vibration - was Re: odd lens question

Subject: [OM] Re: Tripod vibration - was Re: odd lens question
From: Ali Shah <alizookoman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 09:35:23 -0700 (PDT)
"You might want try using a looped string coming down
from the
leg-mount area to the ground. Put your foot in the
loop to
provide downward pressure on the tripod. This puts
tension into
the vertical loading which stabilizes the tripod
greatly.
Alternatively, you can hang your camera bag from the
center of
the tripod."

Many tripods have a hole on the bottom of the center
column to add weights if needed. I believe that is
what the hole is used for...correct me if I am wrong.

http://mail.yahoo.com