[OM] Grandfather Mountain Was: Tripod vibration - was Re: odd lens q

Subject: [OM] Grandfather Mountain Was: Tripod vibration - was Re: odd lens question
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 17:22:18 -0400
At 03:57 PM 8/14/2006, Geilfuss Charles wrote:

>         This discussion of tripods brings to mind a comment made
> during one of the lecture sessions at Grandfather Mountain by a
> photographer who made great use of a 600mm lens in Cades Cove.

I received an Email from a friend today saying that the Morton family
has put Grandfather Mountain up for sale with an asking price of $55
million.  He also said that the state would love to buy it but their
appraisal only came in at $20 million and, by law, they can't pay
more than the appraised value.  I hope that they can work something
out.  I sure would hate to see that property developed for vacation
homes, or worse yet, a hotel sitting on top.

Later,
Johnny

Johnny Johnson
Cleveland, GA