[OM] Re: Tripod vibration - was Re: odd lens question

Subject: [OM] Re: Tripod vibration - was Re: odd lens question
From: "jeff" <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 07:30:23 +0700
I'll probably compare the two tripods I have side by side uising my acratech
head and the Zuiko 1000mm. I suspect the metal one will work better but I could
be wrong.  AG's comment that he thinks the CF is better damped than the metal
tripod  *** for the 1000mm *** doesn't match my impression and is worth
checking out.

The CF Gitzo is a 1227 which is what really right stuff recommends as a
backpacking tripod. The newer version 1257 is rated at 8kg. The Zuiko weighs
4kg so theoretically it should be within the capacity of the tripod (which is
surprising). I picked the tripod assuming the biggest lens I would put on it
would be my 400/4 which it handles well.

Probably your 320 is the next size up (series 3) which is what really right
stuff recommends for general use. The CF version is a little over a pound
heavier than what I have. I would prefer to carry less weight since the 1000mm
will seldom be used and only near the Zuiko transporter.

-jeff