[OM] Re: [Photo] Good or boring?

Subject: [OM] Re: [Photo] Good or boring?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 17:32:05 -0700
"Johan Malmström" wrote:
> The sky was important but what I tried to capture was the "huge" panorama
> that was in front of me. I was standing on top of a birdwatcher tower and saw
> those large animals (the tiny white dots in the lower parts is a herd of
> cows) in prospective of that cloud and scenery. I tried to capture it all,
> and tried to exaggerate the clouds some bit. But not enough.

That makes it clearer what you were doing. You then have the classic
problem of two subjects trying to be one. It can be done in some cases,
but it  isn't easy. In this case, I think it would be easier in a bigger
format, like a large print, where the identity of those little cows
would be clearer to help provide visual scale.

Didn't this look tilted to anybody? I had to rotate it a little to be
comfortable with it.

I've taken a shot at it. I've gone ahead and made the clouds much more
dramatic. At the same time, I've brought up a lot of detail in the far
ridge/trees, so they can provide some visual scale and added some more
contrast/texture into the whole foreground so it has more visual
interest to compete with the sky. The foreground looks bit over cooked,
as Christos would say, but at least it has more content. As usual with
my "what can I do with this" efforts, something in between would wear
better. At least I don't think it's boring... ..
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/JohanM/Askoviken.htm>

Moose