[OM] Re: Oly list myth? was, Re: odd lens question

Subject: [OM] Re: Oly list myth? was, Re: odd lens question
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 16:04:04 +0000
I'll confess I never heard of it until I joined this august group. I got on
board the Olympus train in 1984 with the OM-4, followed by OM-3, OM-4T and
OM-4Ti, and, last of all, a couple of OM-1n's, skipping the 2's altogether, and
I never came across this recommendation in the driver's manual for any of these
bodies. Being ignorant of this valuable information, over the years before I
learned of it, I took thousands of photographs using a cable release at most
any shutter speed you might imagine. They all looked sharp to me. I tried the
hands-on procedure a few times after hearing about it, and, as a result, I
still use a cable release. However, if I'm using a long lens, 300mm or more,
I'll often weight the whole rig down with five pounds of #6 nickel-plated lead
birdshot in a canvas sack that would hold twice as much draped on top of camera
and lens.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from