[OM] Re: [OT] Trans-shipping personal goods including cameras

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Trans-shipping personal goods including cameras
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 11:33:46 -0500
Garth wrote:

> What *amazing* stupidity.  I hardly see much point in going most places
> anymore -- I guess I'll save a lot of money on traveling in the future.
>   Camera quests will now be completely restricted to wherever I can
> travel to via automobile.  Ciao, Europe.  Been nice seeing you.

Without wanting to start another political flamefest here, no matter
what the outcome of "the war on terrorism", the bastards have already
caused drastic changes to our way of life.  When I have to take my shoes
off in the middle of an airport, and when I can't even bring a bottle of
water that I bought at the newsstand right across from the gate on board
with me.... not to mention all the other inconveniences now involved in
any sort of travel....

Or the fact that the government is now scanning all my personal
communications and tapping my phone line....

Whatever your definition of "winning", they have managed, through their
acts of cowardice and violence towards innocent people, to change the
way most of the world behaves, and it's not for the better.

And that does truly suck.

--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"There's a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon