[OM] Re: [OT] Trans-shipping personal goods including cameras

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Trans-shipping personal goods including cameras
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 14:24:01 -0300
Canada Customs issues 3 1/2" x 5" green or white identity cards for the
temporary exportation of valuable articles and especially those with serial
numbers. In close on 30 years I have never experienced any problems leaving
Canada, entering the UK and returning to Canada with the carded items. The
only catch is that you have to show the items to the customs officer in
Canada at the time the card is written up. In 30 years we have never been
asked by UK customs to "declare" what we are temporarily importing and
evidence same with these green cards.

jh