[OM] Re: [OT] Trans-shipping personal goods including cameras

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Trans-shipping personal goods including cameras
From: "Walters, Martin" <mwalters@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 14:01:57 -0400
Garth:
Many years ago when my camera equipment was current I had one of these,
though it was never needed.

These cards are described below (from the CBSA web site).
URL is http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/E/pub/cp/rc4044/rc4044-e.html#P77_4738
under "protecting your valuables".

"anada Customs issues 3 1/2" x 5" green or white identity cards for
the temporary exportation of valuable articles and especially those
with serial numbers. In close on 30 years I have never experienced any
problems leaving Canada, entering the UK and returning to Canada with
the carded items. The only catch is that you have to show the items to
the customs officer in Canada at the time the card is written up. In
30 years we have never been asked by UK customs to "declare" what we
are temporarily importing and evidence same with these green cards."

Martin

John:

Out of curiosity, you wouldn't happen to know what the document name or
number of those cards is/are, would you?  Can't seem to find any mention
of 'em on the CBSA (formerly RevCan) website (not surprising -- their
website isn't exactly what I'd call "user-friendly"...).

Garth