[OM] Re: OT a couple computer questions

Subject: [OM] Re: OT a couple computer questions
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 09:48:31 -0400
I haven't been into the nitty gritty of PC disk controllers for about 15
years but it used to be that dual channel IDE/EIDE controllers (at least
those on the motherboard) did not offer any parallelism.  I don't know
if that situation has changed over the years or is any different with
SATA.  I suppose there is some degree of overlap with each drive being
able to work out of a cache for awhile but even an 8MB cache isn't very
large relative to the amount of data being moved these days.

So, how does one achieve true drive parallelism these days without
resorting to SCSI?

Chuck Norcutt