[OM] Re: OT a couple computer questions: Monitors

Subject: [OM] Re: OT a couple computer questions: Monitors
From: "Michael" <moc63@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 08:49:40 +1000
I agree. After much looking I decided on the NEC LCD 2190UXi Multisync.  It
is a beautiful 21" LCD and it was $1457.48 AUS.  One drawback is the woeful
NEC customer service here in Australia.

This monitor is the same as the LaCie 321 (NEC rebadged as LaCie) and only
needs a software upgrade from NEC to bring it up to exact specs of the
LaCie.

That's the problem.  NEC Australia doesn't seem interested in supplying the
Spectraview software that is readily available in the US.  Can anyone over
there help out?  It is still the best LCD I have ever used without the
Spectraview upgrade.

On the Shootsmarter website the LaCie 321 is less than one point behind the
Eizo ColorEdge CG210 that is regarded as the LCD benchmark.

Michael.