[OM] Re: Bye-bye photography, hello paranoia..

Subject: [OM] Re: Bye-bye photography, hello paranoia..
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 16:00:23 +0000
"The Guardian" isn't high my list of must-read publications, but this bit was
brought to my attention yesterday:

"...we are facing an irrationalist movement immune to compromise and dedicated
to achieve its ends of controlling every aspect of daily life, every process of
the mind, through indiscriminate mass slaughter. It is a culture obsessed with
death, a culture that despises women, a culture devoted to mad hatreds not just
of Americans and Jews everywhere, but of Muslims anywhere who embrace a less
totalitarian, less radical, more humane view of Islam. These Muslims are to be
murdered, and have been in their thousands, along with 'the pigs of Jews, the
monkeys of Christians' and all the 'dirty infidels'.

"Nor is the repellent language of hate limited to recognized terrorist groups
like al-Qaida, Hizbullah and Hamas. It is in the school textbooks in Palestine
and in the schools of our 'ally', Saudi Arabia. They promised to clean them up
but a recent Washington Post investigation showed the books still tell the
young they have a religious obligation to wage jihad against not only
Christians and Jews but also Muslims who do not follow the xenophobic Wahabi
doctrine..."

Have a nice day.

Walt

--