[OM] Re: OT a couple computer questions

Subject: [OM] Re: OT a couple computer questions
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 14:33:57 -0400
Thanks.  I interpret this as meaning that modern systems (meaning
mid-90's or later) allow both channels on a single controller to be bus
masters and should thus allow parallelism between devices on each
channel.  Mid-90's would be after I got out of the OS business, thus my
ignorance of later developments.
<http://www.storagereview.com/guide2000/ref/hdd/if/ide/confChannels.html>

I'm also wondering how old this text is.  I didn't see mention of shared
IRQ's.

Chuck Norcutt