[OM] Re: (OT) Living the good life

Subject: [OM] Re: (OT) Living the good life
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 17:17:54 -0400
 I have a Sears electric start mower for my wife and a side of the road freebie
(perhaps Walt's)  for myself.  The spark plug gets fouled in one or 2 mowings.
It takes us 5 hrs together working w/o a break and then weed-wacking for the
35K sq ft and then the back meadow.
Latest development:  Watch crew of 5 arrive at 3:02 with 2 riding mowers and
weed-wackers.  Shoo them away from back rock garden while the swarm of Monarchs
land on the laetris and I run and get the new Viv s1 90mm macro. (thanks, Paul)
They are as brazen as Boston pedestrians and drivers around here and are not
bothered much by the commotion.  By 3:20 the crew is gone (best $40 ever spent,
CFO agrees)  and after some exercise of my rt index digital flexors, time for
Newcastle Brown.  Still have to spread about 8 yds of mulch and it is my job to
keep the increasing # of perennial beds from dehydrating.  I do like the macro
opportunities and the aesthetics, though sometimes tire of the Gunga Din role.

  It was "Din! Din! Din!
    'Ere's a beggar with a bullet through 'is spleen;  65
    'E's chawin' up the ground an' 'e's kickin' all around:
    For Gawd's sake, git the water, Gunga Din!"

Chuck's comment:

 Maybe
I'll even try out the new 2GB card or the Ee-S Super Precision Focusing
screen made for manual focusing that arrived today from B&H.  Probably
needs a new set of eyeballs behind it to work properly.

Hope the screen works OK--let us know.  Found this posting.  Some may require a
"shim?"
http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00ELgp

Jeff and I also pinged Rachel at Katz Eye.  They have some prototypes for the
5D, though none they are happy with yet.  They have had trouble developing a
nice bright screen for MF though have not thrown in the towel yet.

Mike

All on demand. Always Free.