[OM] Water Lilies & Dragonfly Sex

Subject: [OM] Water Lilies & Dragonfly Sex
From: "Bob Whitmire" <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 17:23:32 -0400
Well, all these posts of water lilies has caused me to feel like I was
missing something, so I rushed out this morning to see if I could beef up my
lily portfolio. <g>

http://www.bobwhitmire.com/olympus.htm

Actually, there are three additions since the monarch butterfly. The first
is a summer squall that passed behind Pemaquid Point Light just as the sun
was setting last week. I'm not a huge fan of the brown-orange light, but
that's what it looked like. Then there is the unanticipated byproduct of the
search for lilies, that is, the orgy of dragonfly sex going on down at that
pond. You'll have to wing through a lot of zoological geek sites to find
better dragonfly sex than this one. <wink> And then there's the lily. It's
my personal favorite of the bunch I took, but I really haven't been through
all of them yet with nearly a fine-enough comb, so things may change.

Macro? We don't need no stinking macro!

That DZ 50-200 is a lens that just keeps growing on me.

--Bob