[OM] please help to stop me boing digital and buying a canon 5d for my

Subject: [OM] please help to stop me boing digital and buying a canon 5d for my om lenses
From: jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 15:06:25 +0100 (BST)
Help Help Help,
I am sitting in a internet cafe a short walk from a camera shop in london
with a canon 5d in it.
I want to buy it to use my olympus and tamron lenses since it has a full
size sensor and om adapters seem to be available for it. Has anyone tried
this already???
does the metering work? especially spot and centre weighted
does the mirror hit the rear elements?
in short is it workable?
please help me find some reasons not to wipe out my bank balance!
please find me some reasons not to go digital!!!
the lenses I want to use are
olympus 21 f3.5
olympus 24 f2 or f2.8
olympus 24 shift
olympus 28 f2
olympus 35 f2 or 2.8
olympus 35 shift
olympus 50 f1.8
olympus 35-70 f3.6
tamron 90mm f2.5
tamron 80-200 f2.8
tamron 60-300
it would also be nice if it worked with the auto bellows...

Any and all comments and experiences with the 5d and mo adapter would be
appreciated

James