[OM] Product lighting

Subject: [OM] Product lighting
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 10:44:06 -0700
I don't understand the nice lighting used for yabe 180019829648 . Looking at
the reflections in the lens, I see what appear to be overhead flourescent
lights, pictures on a wall, and possibly windows. There appears to be light
coming from the surface the lens is sitting on.

Is the lens sitting on a white surface or could it be on a light table? I
see yellowish shadows which suggest: 1) it probably isn't on a light table;
2) his white balance might be off. I suppose he could have mixed lighting
with a bright daylight source and either incandescent or flourescent ambient
light. How did he get so much light at the bottom of the lens without a
reflection?

TIA,
-jeff