[OM] Re: please help to stop me boing digital and buying a canon 5d for

Subject: [OM] Re: please help to stop me boing digital and buying a canon 5d for my om lenses
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 16:07:01 -0700
I think that is the issue when I decided to go digital. Everyone gets
new lenses. At the time the E-1 was six months away and looking like
vaporware. The ability to use older lenses by Nikon and Canon was the
perfect marketing tool which Olympus ignored for a while. The thing
is that most people want to see one of those new autofocus designed
for digital lenses on their new camera. And within the space of a
couple of years the older lenses are no longer used by most for the
reasons you give. I knew I would never be willing to work fiddling
manually for apertures and I was interested in the speed of
autofocus. So I bit the bullet and went for a camera and system I
liked regardless of my OM lenses. Happy I did it. I don't worry about
using a very expensive. modern capable camera in a manner that is
less capable than a 20 year old OM4 because of working with an old
lens through an adaptor.

Taking the old lenses that you are going to stop using anyway out of
the equation certainly simplifies the decision.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA