[OM] Re: I was very brave tonight

Subject: [OM] Re: I was very brave tonight
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 20:19:00 -0400
At 07:39 PM 8/19/2006, Komtanoo Pinpimai wrote:

>Well, since oly has been selling MF-1 allowing manual focus lenses
>mounting on E-system but doesn't even have a solution on manual
>focusing on split screen.

If you remember Oly had to be dragged while kicking and screaming
into offering the MF-1 adapter.  I'd guess that one reason for their
reluctance was that they knew lots of people would have problems
manual focusing with the DSLR viewfinders.

>  Putting interchangeable focus screen on E300
>shouldn't increase a noticeable production cost, the only reason I
>could think of is to make E1 or E-professional looks a little better
>than E-prosumer.

You gets what you pay for.  That's the reason they offer various
models at different price levels based on features.  AFAIK
interchangeable focusing screens have traditionally been considered a
feature of pro level (or one step under) bodies.  And is the E300
really considered a "prosumer" camera?  I'll admit to not knowing
much about them but would have thought it would fall more into the
category of an entry level body.

Later,
Johnny

Johnny Johnson