[OM] Re: unsubsribe

Subject: [OM] Re: unsubsribe
From: keith_w <keith_w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 01:41:33 -0700
Martin Flink wrote:
> mgflink@xxxxxxx

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

The above was the message we all received when you posted.

Just below your email address, first line, is "List usage info:"

Open that site, and then click on

      "List Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)"

There you can find:

*QUOTE*:

Q1

Basic List Usage

Q1.1    How do I subscribe to the list?

Send a message to olympus-request@xxxxxxxxxx. In the subject field, enter
"subscribe" (without the quotes).

You will receive an email, on the email address you wish to subscribe to the
list, asking that you confirm the subscription. You do so by simply replying
to that email.

Q1.2    How do I un-subscribe from the list?

Send a message to olympus-request@xxxxxxxxxx. In the subject field, enter
"unset digest" (without the quotes). This will turn off digest mode, and
instead you will receive an eMail every time something is posted to the list.

*UNQUOTE*

Unfortunately, Q1.2 is confusing, since it does NOT answer the very question
it poses, because it *does not* tell you how to unsubscribe from the list at
all, it tells you how to unsubscribe from the "digest" version of the list!

That doesn't help much, does it.

However, I'd bet that if you follow Q1.1's advice, but instead of typing
"subscribe" in the Subject field, you type "unsubscribe" (without the
quotation marks) it just might work.

Hope this helps!

keith whaley