[OM] Polarizer recommendation

Subject: [OM] Polarizer recommendation
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 06:54:59 -0400
I face the monetarily daunting project of buying a 77mm circular
polarizer.  I guess I could go spend (B&H prices) $200 for a B+W (why
are they all marked as "warm") or as little as $76.50 for the bottom end
Hoya (or almost as much as the B+W for the top end Hoyas)

I remember Gary Reese's admonitions on lousy filter quality and that it
was almost independent of price.  But I've always been curious about
whether his tests with a vertical autocollimator actually translated
into visible differences on the image.  It always struck me odd that the
majority of the filters he tested were deemed unusable.

Any comments or recommendations?

Chuck Norcutt