[OM] Re: RRS landscape/portrait rotation + flash bracket

Subject: [OM] Re: RRS landscape/portrait rotation + flash bracket
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 12:45:45 -0700
When I first started with the Arca Swiss style quick release, I didn't see
much difference betweeen RRS and Kirk. Some of the little features that RRS
has such as the 1/4 x 20 hole in the plate are definitely worthwhile.

Your Pent*x outfit was an incredible deal!

I'm definitely interested in what you have to say about the RRS vs Justrite.
TIA,
-jeff

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Daniel Sepke" <daniel.sepke@xxxxxxxxx>

-snip

The rotator I have is an older one that has a plain no lip top plate that
camera attaches to (handy that RRS put a screw hole in the bottom of their
plates for when you don't have a QR clamp).

The Justrite came with Pent*x outfit I recently purchased.
I scored a 645N, 45mm, 55mm, 135mm LS, Q flash T2, 2x Quantum Turbos, the
Justrite frame and a load of cables & film for $1150.

In my collection of RRS stuff I also have the partial ring "Portrait
Perfect" flash bracket. When I get the time I plan to do some comparison
shots between it and the Justrite frame. There is a significant weight
difference between the two and I would like to see if the lower height that
the RRS lifts the flash to makes much of a difference.

Thanks for the heads up on this Jeff!

Dan S.