[OM] Re: f-stop & wb & e300 & manual lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: f-stop & wb & e300 & manual lenses
From: "Komtanoo Pinpimai" <romerun@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 20:18:32 -0500
Yes, the WB was auto, if it's like what you suggested, WB could be
changed depending on aperture value even though the lighting condition
is the same. This lead me to think that  automatic lenses doesn't have
this effect because they don't require stop-down metering as manual
lenses do.

-kem

On 8/20/06, Ian Nichols <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 20/08/06, Komtanoo Pinpimai <romerun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > The tone shifts from yellow to red or pink, does it have something to
> > do with WB/light meter or it's a problem of manual lense + E300 ?
> > Other lenses like Tamron 80-200 also have this effect in some light
> > conditions.
>
> It looks to me like the white balance setting was changed between
> shots - what does the exif information for the original image files
> say?  is the effect repeatable? were you using auto white balance?  I
> suggest trying a few test shots with the white balance set manually,
> then set automatically.

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

when you were born, a problem was solved