[OM] Re: Film or digital for cave photos.

Subject: [OM] Re: Film or digital for cave photos.
From: james king <jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 09:56:42 +0100
Tim Hughes wrote:
> One more really important thing:
> put your camera gear in a sealed tupperware or similar container, as it tends
> to get really grimmy
> and dusty in the cave.
>
> Tim Hughes

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

I used an om4ti on auto in a cave in china and it worked well including
exposures of 2 minutes or more using fuji slide film on auto. Take spare
batteries since the combination of cold and long shutter speeds will be
a strain. Take a tripod preferably one which will be ok with water. At
one point I had my carbon fibre tripod in about 2 feet of water and mud
caves are generally damp and cold so if you take a lens out of your
camera bag it will get condensation on the front and rear elements which
will clear after a while.
simularly when you come out of the cave the now cold camera kit will
also get condensation on it until warmed up.
James