[OM] Re: please help to stop me boing digital and buying a

Subject: [OM] Re: please help to stop me boing digital and buying a
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 16:30:16 -0700
It might be, but I suspect that it is just when things are designed.
I think newer is almost always improved in this area. Two or three
years ago it seemed that almost all images at 100 percent looked a
little soft and fuzzy. Now most of them are fairly crisp and sharp at
that magnification and pixel peeper are upping the view to 200
percent to see differences. That is subjective though. I probably
should check that out to make sure I am right.

Thom Hogan, kind of a Nikon guru, has been talking on some of the
dpreview forums about Norman Koren's assertion supported by arcane
math that the best lenses will not run out of gas until about 24MP. I
have not gotten to look at what he is referring to yet, but the guy
who wrote the software everyone is using to evaluate digital
equipment now probably knows as well as anyone. Of course lesser
lenses have exposed their shortcomings to the the 10MP and up group.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA