[OM] Re: OT car crashes & terrorism WAS Re: [OT] Flying with digital cam

Subject: [OM] Re: OT car crashes & terrorism WAS Re: [OT] Flying with digital cameras
From: Rob Harrison <robhar@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 09:33:46 -0700
If we (us Americans, that is) were REALLY concerned with protecting the
greatest number of our citizens, instead of fighting this 1984-like 'war on
terrorism' we'd be dumping those billions of dollars into improving
pedestrian, bicycle, road, motorcycle and automobile safety (different
issues--now we emphasize auto safety to the virtual exclusion of everything
else). Say, by creating more walkable communities....

Check out this 'real time' counter of the economic effects of car crashes:
<http://sightline.org/research/sprawl/res_pubs/crashes-by-the-numbers>

Rob in Seattle