[OM] Re: OT car crashes & terrorism WAS Re: [OT] Flying with digital cam

Subject: [OM] Re: OT car crashes & terrorism WAS Re: [OT] Flying with digital camera
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 12:32:10 -0700 (PDT)
This is where the one-way road takes a dive off the dune heading
east. It goes downhill without benefit of grading and has a
tight reducing-radius curve at the bottom.  All sorts of warning
signs exist, but all for naught.  Cars and bikes hit the ditch
every week.  My brother and I did the trip on mountain bikes one
winter right after a fresh snowfall of two or three inches. We
went winging down that hill and couldn't slow down on the ice in
time.  First and last time I've ever tripodded a bicycle through
a 180 degree curve.  The only thing that kept me on the road was
the transition of the gravel and the road surface.

Brings new meaning to the term "wipe out".  This mug was scared.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com