[OM] Re: And Now For Something Completely Different -

Subject: [OM] Re: And Now For Something Completely Different -
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 21:25:39 -0700
Thanks to everybody who took a look and especially to those who had nice
things to say.

Bob Whitmire wrote:
> Nice. Very California. Gee, I hope it is California. <g>

Certainly not the NE! Differentt beautiful. Yes, quintessential
California, the foothills of the Sierra Nevada West of Yosemite as the
sun was going down. Absolutely deserted little two lane blacktop winding
through hills covered with that amazingly green grass we get every
winter, but especially at the end of a really wet one like this was.  If
you're good, I may post a couple more taken just a little earlier in
different but also wonderful light.

Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Well, I keep clicking on it to get to the alternate image that pulls out
> all that hidden shadow detail but it doesn't seem to work.  :-)

LOL! Yes, I thought about that. On my calibrated monitor, there is lots
of shadow detail, but all very subtle. In my little essay/tirades I
usually do say that it's all about putting the tones where they belong,
not arbitrarily pulling up all shadow detail all the time. But you knew
that. ;-)

Marc Lawrence wrote:
> Sorry, when I say "resize", I mean it seems to compress the image
> horizontally. Obviously, resizing's no biggie - just thought that
> compression along a dimension might not present the desired
> composition.
I think that is almost certainly your browser. Probably adjustable
somewhere in preferences where you can choose to have images too big for
the display area either resized, probably with an option to maintain
proportions, or displayed full size with scroll bars. Also, if you have
an info/favorites/etc. bar on the side, you can temporarily close it -
to give the image room to breathe (chuckle).

It is absolutely dead simple, basic HTML and displays exactly the same
here, full size, on Firefox, IE and Netscape browsers.

Moose