[OM] Re: OT car crashes & terrorism WAS Re: [OT] Flying with digital cam

Subject: [OM] Re: OT car crashes & terrorism WAS Re: [OT] Flying with digital cameras
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 20:43:52 +0000
But isn't nearly everything illegal in New York already anyway?

One of the Atlanta metro counties, the People's Republic of DeKalb, has just
put into effect an ordinance allowing them to access cell phone records to find
out if at the time someone was involved in an accident they were using their
phone, to the tune of a $500 fine on top of whatever fine may be levied for any
other violation that may have been committed.

Personally, I don't care. I nearly never talk on a cell phone while driving --
don't even turn the damn thing on since I don't want to be "tracked," either
then or later -- and I rarely drive in DeKalb County. But I agree that
something needs to be done about those fools, usually seen in giant SUVs,
driving with a cell phone in one hand and either food, drink or a cigarette in
the other. I can steer with my knee if necessary, like when reloading or some
such, but I doubt these idiots are nearly so capable.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --